How To Hide Birth Year on Facebook
Dear Computer Lady,
I would like to remove the year of my birth on Facebook for everyone to see. I assume the year is going out for the world to know and I would like to have it confidential.
Is there a way to remove the year of my birth?
I appreciate all the good information you give to us.
Thank You, Veona
You don’t have to remove the year of your birth from Facebook (I think they require it to prove that you are over 13 years of age) but you can prevent other people from viewing it, here is how.
1. Go to your Facebook profile page by clicking on your name in the blue bar at the top of the page.
2. Click on “About” under your cover photo.
3. Click on “Contact and basic Info” in the left column.
4. Click on “Edit” to the right of your birth year. (“Edit” will appear when you hover your mouse there)
5. Click the little lock and select “Only Me” instead of Public or Friends.
6. Click on the “Save Changes” button and you will be all set.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+