How To Create Folders in Gmail
Dear Computer Lady,
Last week you showed us how to delete a folder in Gmail, what I want to know is how do I create a folder in the first place?
Creating a folder, or set of folders in Gmail is a great way to organize your email messages.
Here is how to create them.
1. Open your Gmail.
2. From your main Gmail window, click on the “Settings” icon in the upper-right part of the window. It looks like a gear, and when you hover your mouse over the icon, the word, “Settings” will appear.
3. In the Settings menu, click on the “Settings” sub-menu, and it will bring you to a settings page.
4. Across the top, you will see links to each settings page, click on the link for “Labels”.
5. Scroll down to the “Labels” section. It is below “System Labels”, “Categories”, and the “Circles” sections. You will see a button that says, “Create new label”. Click on that button.
6. A dialog box will pop up with space to enter a name for your label (or folder). Type the name for your label.
7. If your new label is going to be nested inside another label, click to put a check mark in front of “Nest label under:” then click the drop down list to select the parent label.
8. Click the “Create” button to finish creating your new label.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+