Missing Volume Icon in Windows 8
.Dear Computer Lady,
I am using Windows 8.
The speaker icon that was on the taskbar disappeared.
How to I get it back on the taskbar?
Here is how to add or remove icons to the taskbar in Windows 8.
1. Tap the windows logo key on your keyboard (between the left Ctrl and Alt keys) and type, “Notification Area icons”.
2. Click on, “Notification Area Icons” to open the dialog box.
3. At the bottom of the dialog box, click the link that says, “Turn system icons on or off”.
4. Find the “Volume” icon in the list and make sure it is turned on.
5. Click the “OK” button to save your changes and go back to the previous screen.
6. Now, find, “Volume” in this list and click the drop down list to the right of, Volume.
7. Click to select, “Show icon and notifications”
8. Click the “OK” button to save your changes and close the dialog box.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+