Dear Computer Lady,
I want to know how to change the color of my mouse pointer.
Thank you, Helen
In the Control Panel, you can select a set of pointers to use. Some of the available schemes use different colors to make the pointer more visible.
Let’s get started.
1. Click on “Start” and then “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Hardware and Sound”
3. Under, “Devices and Printers” click on “Mouse”.
4. The mouse properties dialog box will open. Click on the “Pointers” tab.
5. In the “Scheme” section, click on the drop down list to select a scheme, and preview the results in the box below.
6. When you have found a scheme that you like, click the “OK” button to save your changes and close the dialog box.
If you don’t find a scheme that you like, you can always search for more cursor schemes online and install one of those. Here is a site to get you started:
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+