Creating Email Folders
Dear Computer Lady,
I have a iPad, and am fairly knowledgeable on most activities. My problem is…
I want to add more subjects in my file listings where I receive my email. The have a slot for TRASH, IN, DELETE.
There is no place that explains how to add another category. So, therefore the mail received is just left in same place received, and its getting longer and longer.
I have read through the instructions to no avail and have bought three instruction books, I covered IPADS for dummies and IPADS for SENIORS.. All to no avail.
I have an answer for you!
If you want to add email folders to your iPad mail app, just follow these directions:
1. Open your iPad mail app.
2. Tap the “Mailboxes” tab in the upper left corner (rotate the iPad if you don’t see it) to display the list of folders.
3. Tap the “Edit” button just to the right of the word, Mailboxes.
4. Once you have tapped the, Edit button, a “New Mailbox” button will appear at the bottom of the list of folders. Tap the “New Mailbox” button.
5. Type a name for your folder, and tap “Save”
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have all the folders you want.
7. Tap the “Done” button at the top of the list.
Once you have created your folders, here is how to move an email message to a folder:
1.When you are viewing the message you want to move, tap the icon that looks like a folder with a downward pointing arrow in it.
2. Your list of folders will appear on the left, tap the folder you want to move the message into.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+