How To Enable System Restore
Dear Computer Lady,
When I attempt to open System Restore in Win 7, I always get a notice that System Restore” has been turned off by my System Administrator”.
This happens every time I click on System Restore under “All Programs”.
Is there any way you can show me how to turn it back on?
I can show you how to turn it back on. Just follow these directions.
1. Click on the “Start” button and right click on “Computer”.
2. In the context menu that appears, click on “Properties”.
3. A system window will open. Look for a link on the right edge of the window that says, “Change Settings” and click on it.
4. This will open a “System Properties” dialog box. Click on the “System Protection” tab.
5. In the “Protection Settings” section, you will see a list of available drives. Click on the drive that says “System” and then click the “Configure” button below the list.
6. In the “Restore Settings” section of this dialog box, click on the circle in front of “Restore system settings and previous versions of files” to turn system restore on.
7. Click the “OK” button in both dialog boxes to save your changes and close the dialog boxes.
Your System restore has now been turned on.