Adding Colored Background to Email
Dear Computer Lady,
Love your information and can’t wait to read it every week.
I have windows 7 and Windows Live Mail on my hp computer and as much as I try, I cannot change the color of the pages when I write an e-mail.
I can change the color of the type but is there a way to change the color of the pages. I could do it when I had xp but it seems to be gone on windows 7.
Thank you so much for all your help, Marcia
When Microsoft updated Windows Live Mail in 2011, they did away with the options for changing the color of the email background and the ability to use a stationary background.
If you want to be able to send out email messages with color or images in the background, you will have to use a different email program.
One good, free, email program that will still allow you to change the background color is Eudora. You can find Eudora at:
Once you have Eudora installed and set up on your computer, here is how to create a new email with a colored background:
1. Open Eudora and click “Message” in the menu bar.
2. Click “New Message” in the sub-menu.
3. Enter a recipient in the “To” section, and a subject in the Subject line.
4. Click on the body of the message, and find the two colored boxes in the toolbar just above the body of the message. The top box is for the color of your text.
5. The bottom box is for the color of the page. Click on that bottom box, and select your desired color from the chart.
6. Click the “OK” button to save your changes.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.